On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 09:58:42AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote: > Both problems have been widely reported. Various attempts were made to > fix the problem, usually by providing v5 configuration files. However, > all those attempts result in incomplete ASoC configuration. This is the first time I've heard that there were still ongoing issues, it's extremely disappointing - I'm guessing the attempts have all been at the distro level. Userspace fixes clearly aren't the thing to do here, as discussed at the time the original fixes were done this is an ABI and needs to be treated as such. None of the systems I have access to have ever used topology so I've had poor visibility of how this is working in practice, I guess I'm going to start seeing this stuff next time I upgrade my laptop (unless someone is making suitable non-x86 laptops by then!). > Let's implement backward compatibility properly to solve the problem > for good. Thanks for doing this. I'll give this some time for review from the Intel people - adding Pierre as well since this is a bit of a device thing.