On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 09:17:23AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote: > On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 8:58 AM Mark Brown wrote: > > I'm saying we should move them there. They're clearly part of the > > userspace ABI and therefore belong in uapi, it was a mistake to let them > > be elsewhere. > They define a firmware file format. Not sure if I would call that userspace > ABI. It's a binary provided by userspace to the kernel, I'd say that's clearly an ABI. > I don't mind adding the structures to > sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-tplg-interface.h, > but it seems a bit out of scope to tie this with moving the file to > include/uapi/sound. > I think that should be a separate discussion. Is there some reason not to just do it while we're looking at this? I don't see why we wouldn't want to do this.