* [git pull] Input updates for v4.17-rc7
@ 2018-05-29 23:38 Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2018-05-29 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-input

Hi Linus,

Please pull from:

	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input.git for-linus

to receive updates for the input subsystem. We are switching a bunch of
Lenovo devices with Synaptics touchpads from PS/2 emulation over to
native RMI/SMbus.

Given that all commits are marked for stable there is no point delaying
them till next release.

Thanks!

Changelog:
---------

Aaron Ma (1):
      Input: synaptics - add Intertouch support on X1 Carbon 6th and X280

Benjamin Tissoires (2):
      Input: synaptics - add Lenovo 80 series ids to SMBus
      Input: elan_i2c_smbus - fix corrupted stack

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
      Input: synaptics - Lenovo Carbon X1 Gen5 (2017) devices should use RMI

Edvard Holst (1):
      Input: synaptics - Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon G5 (2017) with Elantech trackpoints should use RMI

Diffstat:
--------

 drivers/input/mouse/elan_i2c_smbus.c | 22 +++++++++++-----------
 drivers/input/mouse/synaptics.c      |  6 ++++++

Thanks.

--
Dmitry

* Re: [git pull] Input updates for v4.17-rc7
@ 2018-05-30  3:21 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2018-05-30  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 6:38 PM Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
wrote:

>     We are switching a bunch of
> Lenovo devices with Synaptics touchpads from PS/2 emulation over to
> native RMI/SMbus.

> Given that all commits are marked for stable there is no point delaying
> them till next release.

Hmm. The elan driver stack overrun isn't mentioned, but seems more
fundamental fix than the other changes that just add a few new PnP ID's...

            Linus

* Re: [git pull] Input updates for v4.17-rc7
@ 2018-05-30 18:24   ` Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2018-05-30 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 10:21:53PM -0500, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 6:38 PM Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >     We are switching a bunch of
> > Lenovo devices with Synaptics touchpads from PS/2 emulation over to
> > native RMI/SMbus.
>
> > Given that all commits are marked for stable there is no point delaying
> > them till next release.
>
> Hmm. The elan driver stack overrun isn't mentioned, but seems more
> fundamental fix than the other changes that just add a few new PnP ID's...

I do not think that the Elan problem is actually observable on any
hardware with 4.17 at the moment, as it only shows up when switching
some Elan devices from PS/2 to SMBus and the patches that do that are
slated for the next merge window. I included it in the pull as a
precaution. Switching Synaptics to RMI is much more user-visible...

Still should have mentioned Elan corruption fix though.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry