On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:51:52AM +0200, Peter Rosin wrote: > Hi! > > There are a couple of users that could benefit from an unlocked variant > of i2c_smbus_xfer. In response to [1] I dusted off an old series that I > have had in a branch for a while that adds such a beast. It also converts > over some users in the i2c-mux department. > > There are a couple of remaining candidates in i2c/busses/i2c-amd756-s4882.c > and i2c/busses/i2c-nforce2-s4985.c, but frankly, those are just too nasty. > Why do they unregister the root adapter and then continue to use it? I > dare not touch that code... > > Anyway, this series looks like a nice cleanup to me, and the recent sccb > patch from Akinobu Mita could also benefit, as indicated by Wolfram [1]. Applied to for-next, thanks!