On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 11:29:56AM +0200, BALATON Zoltan wrote: > Hello, > > I plan to make more changes to sm501 emulation to make it more usable for > AmigaOS and other Amiga like OSes. This would include first cleaning up of > current state, then trying to optimise 2D ops and display updates because it > was found these are currently quite slow. (Especially when using 8bit or > 16bit screen modes as AmigaOS does where every screen update does pixel > format conversion with a simple loop in a suboptimal way. Maybe we can use > more optimal pixman routines for these.) > > We have found while merging previous patches that the status of sm501 is not > clear. It was originally part of SH emulation added for the R2D board but > now it's also used by PPC sam460ex board (and can be used with mac99 as well > to run MorphOS that does not yet boot on sam460ex). David Gibson, the PPC > maintainer has indicated that he can't review changes to this device and it > is not really related to PPC so the practice of merging sm501 patches via > his PPC tree is not preferred. > > So before sending more patches I'd like to clear who can review and merge > patches for sm501 in the future and what is the maintainership of this > device? The unfortunate answer is that there isn't any great choice: that's basically what having no maintainer means. I suspect Gerd is the most qualified to review patches to this technically, but even then that's only by general familiarity with display devices. At Peter's request, I'm willing to take sm501 patches through the ppc tree. Since I can't review the patches in depth, I'd be pretty much taking anything you send unless there's something obviously bogus. .. which would make you de facto sub-maintainer of sm501. Given which, I encourage you again to become *actual* maintainer; there really is no-one better qualified at this point. I realize that you don't want to make a big ongoing job of thise, but AFAIK that's exactly what the "Odd Fixes" maintainership status exists for. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson