On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 12:47:01PM +0200, Alexander Sverdlin wrote: > On 01/08/18 12:39, Mark Brown wrote: > > I'm not 100% clear I follow what you mean by bus scan here but I *think* > > that sounds about right. The channel request/release could be factored > > out into helper functions to minimize duplication. > Rob has an opinion that the driver should only claim the channels explicitly > specified in DT. This sounds about right, but this would be behavioral change. > What do you think? If it results in platforms that previously used DMA not using DMA that doesn't seem like a good idea. I'd have thought that if we didn't have DMA configured we'd already not be able to request a channel TBH.