Hi Guenter, > > - if (nowayout) > > + if (nowayout) { > > set_bit(WDOG_NO_WAY_OUT, &wdd->status); > > + wdd->parent->driver->suppress_bind_attrs = true; > > That makes sense to me. We can not assume that wdd->parent is set, so it won't work as-is. Good point! > Not sure what a "correct" solution might be. Passing "parent" as argument doesn't really > solve any layering argument I totally agree. I opted for passing a pointer to the driver to modify: void watchdog_set_nowayout(struct watchdog_device *wdd, struct driver *drv, bool nowayout) I'd think this would work from a layering perspective. > Did you ensure that the attributes are not already created by the time > suppress_bind_attrs is set ? Not yet. I first wanted to make sure if it makes sense, at all. But will do for later versions. Thanks for the review, Wolfram