On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 11:13:52AM +0100, James Bottomley wrote: > The first suggestion is that kernel builds are pretty much automated > and we try to make every commit buildable, so could we automate the > machinery that allows a customer to do bisection simply by installing a > kernel package? (we here, obviously means the distro, but going from > git bisect to kernel package would be the useful link). Improving bisectability would obviously help with other testing efforts too - we have existing users, Guillaume Tucker implemented automated bisection support in KernelCI which is incredibly useful providing one can actually bisect. Right now it works pretty well a lot of the time but there are cases where it gets messy, especially when you add boot issues onto the buildability ones.