On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 11:00:32AM -0700, James Bottomley wrote: > On Tue, 2018-09-11 at 18:56 +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 10:22:10AM -0700, James Bottomley wrote: > > > Perhaps the -next tracking projects could have some sort of co- > > > ordination list to prevent the five bug reports for the same issue > > > problem? > > We're not *that* overburdened with people running testing, and > > especially not with people actively reporting the results, at the > > minute. > We are if a maintainer snapping at someone causes tests not to be run > or results not to be reported. That needn't follow - we don't know that this was lots of the automated testing people reporting the same issue, one automated testing person and some other people who were just trying to do work on the subsystem, just the maintainer having a bad day or something else. The automated testing people coordinating with each other is only going to help if it's only them. In this case it sounds like it might be as much about having someone report a bug who wasn't familiar with the unusual processes the subsystem was using as anything else.