On 2018.09.28 14:09:45 +0800, Zhang, Xiaolin wrote: > On 09/27/2018 07:03 PM, Joonas Lahtinen wrote: > > Quoting Xiaolin Zhang (2018-09-27 19:37:46) > >> This int type module parameter is used to control the different > >> level pvmmio feature for MMIO emulation in GVT. > >> > >> This parameter is default zero, no pvmmio feature enabled. > >> > >> Its permission type is 0400 which means user could only change its > >> value through the cmdline, this is to prevent the dynamic modification > >> during runtime which would break the pvmmio internal logic. > >> > >> Signed-off-by: Xiaolin Zhang > > This shouldn't really be a module parameter. We should detect the > > capability from the vGPU device and use it always when possible. > > > > Regards, Joonas > > > for pv optimization, we should touch both guest driver and GVTg. this > parameter is used for > > guest pv capability because GVTg with pv capability will support both pv > and non pv capability guest. > That's the purpose of 'vgt_caps' in PVINFO to do capability check between host/guest. You need a new cap bit definition for PVMMIO and maybe another field for different PVMMIO level capability check. New parameter is not useful here. Thanks -- Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd. $gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827