Hi! [Oops. I wrote this but forgot to send it? Anyway.. I guess it is redundant now.] > > +++ b/Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-led-trigger-pattern > > @@ -0,0 +1,76 @@ > > +What: /sys/class/leds//pattern > > +Date: September 2018 > > +KernelVersion: 4.20 > > +Description: > > + Specify a software pattern for the LED, that supports altering > > + the brightness for the specified duration with one software > > + timer. It can do gradual dimming and constant brightness. > > + > > + The pattern is given by a series of tuples, of brightness and > > + duration (ms). The LED is expected to traverse the series and > > + each brightness value for the specified duration. Duration of > > + 0 means brightness should immediately change to new value. > > + > > + 1. When doing gradual dimming, the led brightness will be updated > > + every 50 milliseconds, so the duration of each step should not > > + less than 50 milliseconds. > > I'd like to avoid this constraint. Lowest supported delta_t should be 1. > > We should only prevent entering dimming mode if current delta_t > is lower than UPDATE_INTERVAL. I agree that documenting it like this is strange. I don't think this should be part of ABI as we may want to adjust it in the future. > I also propose to make the dimming interval configurable via sysfs > dimming_interval file. I believe we should provide "right" dimming_interval. 50msec sounds good. If we find it is too low / too high, we might want to adjust it. If we find out that different users need different values, I guess we can still add "dimming_interval" knob, but I'd suggest waiting until such need arises. [Now, I don't have strong feelings here, and patch would probably be okay with me even if it has dimming_interval, but I'd prefer to keep it simple. We are at v14 of the patch...] Thanks, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html