On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 09:32:18AM -0800, Dan Williams wrote: > On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:32 AM Mark Brown wrote: > > I'm not 100% sure that people will pick up that the topic is about a > > handbook for working with maintainers rather than a handbook for being a > > maintainer from that title... > The intent is a handbook for being a maintainer. However, in the > process of describing how a given sub-system is maintained one also > needs to describe the local rules. So contributors should be able to > glean what matters to a sub-system from a description of how that > sub-system is maintained. In other words the direct audience is > maintainers, but it also hopefully makes the process more transparent > for contributors. To me that sounds like a document aimed at contributors rather than maintainers.