On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 05:56:19PM +0200, Tomer Maimon wrote: > Hi Mark and Stephen, > > I saw the warning from the kbuilt, in this matter the ioread() function > will call every time (and the val parameter will used) because rsize can be > 1 or 2. > > rsize = min(bytes_per_word(priv->bits_per_word), priv->rx_bytes); > bytes_per_word(priv->bits_per_word)function return 1 or 2. > npcm_pspi_recv()function will called only if parameter priv->rx_bytes is > not 0. > > please let me know if you think that I still need to modify the npcm_pspi_recv > to fix kbuilt warning. Please, it's going to create noise for people working on the kernel if they get a spurious warning.