On Tue 2018-11-20 09:49:50, Jonathan Corbet wrote: > On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 10:05:21 +0100 > Vlastimil Babka wrote: > > > Why can't the documentation describe the current implementation, and > > change in the future if the implementation changes? I doubt somebody > > would ever rely on the pid being reused while having the descriptor > > open. How would that make sense? > > In the hopes of ending this discussion, I'm going to go ahead and apply > this. Documenting current behavior is good, especially in situations > where that behavior can surprise people; if the implementation changes, > the docs can change with it. I'd still prefer changing from "does not" to "may not". It is really simple change, and once we documented a behaviour, we really should not be changing it. Thanks, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html