From: Sami Farin <hvtaifwkbgefbaei@gmail.com>
Cc: Yi-Hung Wei <yihung.wei@gmail.com>, netfilter-devel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: 4.19.4 nf_conntrack_count kernel panic
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 20:46:38 +0100	[thread overview]

4.18.20 works OK, but unfortunately 4.18 series is EOL.
I have Ryzen 1600X, 32 GB RAM, Fedora 28, gcc-8.2.1-5, nosmt=force, igb module for Intel I211,
using XFS filesystems only.

To reproduce, I only do this: connect to VPN using a tunnel (e.g. tun0),
start downloading a file with qbittorrent (allow port for incoming
TCP connections in qbittorrent and iptables) and wait a couple of minutes.
I am also using ipset and connlimit modules.
I reproduced this bug three times.
With 4.18 I use fq+htb and  with 4.19 I use CAKE for traffic control.

Only this message in kernel log:
[  363.935074] TCP: request_sock_TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 19044. Dropping request.  Check SNMP counters.
I get this message with both 4.18.20 and 4.19.4.

RIP: 0010:rb_insert_color+0x64
Call Trace:
  nf_conntrack_count [nf_conncount]
  ip_set_test [ip_set]
  connlimit_mt [xt_connlimit]
  set_match_v4 [xt_set]
  ipt_do_table [ip_tables]
  ip_route_input_noref
  nf_hook_slow
  ip_local_deliver
  inet_add_protocol
  ip_rcv
  ip_rcv_finish_core
  __netif_receive_skb_one_core
  netif_receive_skb_internal
  tun_rx_batched
  tun_get_user
  __local_bh_enable_ip
  tun_get_user
  tun_chr_write_iter
  __vfs_write
  vfs_write
  ksys_write
  do_syscall_64
  trace_hardirqs_off_thunk
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe

Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt

--
Do what you love because life is too short for anything else.
https://samifar.in/