* Patch series for 4.19 to compile powerpc with Clang
@ 2019-01-10 17:17 ` Nathan Chancellor
From: Nathan Chancellor @ 2019-01-10 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kroah-Hartman, Sasha Levin
  Cc: stable, linuxppc-dev, linux-kernel, Nick Desaulniers, Joel Stanley

Hi Greg and Sasha,

Attached is an mbox with a series of patches to allow building the
powerpc kernel with Clang. We have been running continuous integration
that builds and boots the kernel in QEMU for almost two months now with
no regressions. This is on top of 4.19.14, there should be no conflicts
but let me know if I messed something up.

I will send a series for 4.14 in a little bit as well.

Thank you,
Nathan

[-- Attachment #2: powerpc-clang-series.mbox --]
[-- Type: application/mbox, Size: 18806 bytes --]

From: Nathan Chancellor @ 2019-01-10 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kroah-Hartman, Sasha Levin
  Cc: Nick Desaulniers, linuxppc-dev, linux-kernel, stable, Joel Stanley

Hi Greg and Sasha,

Attached is an mbox with a series of patches to allow building the
powerpc kernel with Clang. We have been running continuous integration
that builds and boots the kernel in QEMU for almost two months now with
no regressions. This is on top of 4.19.14, there should be no conflicts
but let me know if I messed something up.

I will send a series for 4.14 in a little bit as well.

Thank you,
Nathan

[-- Attachment #2: powerpc-clang-series.mbox --]
[-- Type: application/mbox, Size: 18806 bytes --]

* Re: Patch series for 4.19 to compile powerpc with Clang
@ 2019-01-11  5:33   ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2019-01-11  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Chancellor
  Cc: Sasha Levin, stable, linuxppc-dev, linux-kernel,
	Nick Desaulniers, Joel Stanley

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:17:38AM -0700, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
> Hi Greg and Sasha,
>
> Attached is an mbox with a series of patches to allow building the
> powerpc kernel with Clang. We have been running continuous integration
> that builds and boots the kernel in QEMU for almost two months now with
> no regressions. This is on top of 4.19.14, there should be no conflicts
> but let me know if I messed something up.
>
> I will send a series for 4.14 in a little bit as well.

All now queued up for 4.19 as well.

thanks,

greg k-h

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2019-01-11  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)