From: Bharath Vedartham <linux.bhar@gmail.com>
To: kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org
Subject: drivers: iio: Adding channels to the simple_dummy module
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 23:33:18 +0530	[thread overview]

Hey everyone,

I am trying to get started with the IIO subsystem by doing the following tasks:

https://kernelnewbies.org/IIO_tasks

In task 3, which requires us to add 3 channels to the dummy_device, I
have added the structures in the dummy_channels array(which is of type
struct chan_spec), similar to the other channels in the dummy_channels
array.(in file drivers/iio/dummy/iio_simple_dummy.c)

I also added elements to the enum iio_simple_dummy_scan_elements for the
scan_index val.(in iio_simple_dummy.h)

I recompiled the kernel and loaded the modules iio_dummy and
iio_dummy_evgen using modprobe.

is the right approach. I am not able to see any new channels being
added to my /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/ directory?

printk is not printing to dmesg. I put printk in the probe function

Thank you,
Bharath