From: Kevin Locke <kevin@kevinlocke.name>
To: "Grumbach, Emmanuel" <emmanuel.grumbach@intel.com>
Cc: linuxwifi@intel.com, linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org, "Coelho,
	Luciano" <luciano.coelho@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [linuxwifi] [RFC] iwlwifi: enable TX AMPDU for some iwldvm
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:06:34 -0600	[thread overview]

On Wed, 2019-03-13 at 04:58 +0000, Grumbach, Emmanuel wrote:
> Just to align on expectations, I don't feel like enable A-MPDU by
> default regardless of what will come out of this. People stopped
> complaining after we disabled A-MPDU and the very very very few people
> that did need more throughput knew how to enable them with the module
> parameter. So, I don't plan to re-enable A-MPDU by default.

I understand.  I disagree that very few people would benefit from
nearly doubling TCP throughput or that the fix is known/obvious.
However, if it's not worth the risk and/or effort, or there is no
reliable way to determine which devices/configurations are unaffected,
so be it.  Resources are limited and that's totally understandable.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist.

Thanks,
Kevin