On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 10:54:52AM +0900, Kuninori Morimoto wrote: > This is my understanding, please correct me if I was wrong. > I think current many sound card which doesn't need "platfrom" are 2 patterns. > 1) select snd-soc-dummy as platfrom > 2) select cpu component as platfrom > Current ASoC selects 1) automatically if .platfrom_name was NULL. > And driver needs to have below if it want to be 2) > dai_link->platform_of_node = dai_link->cpu_of_node > But, I think one of them is enough ? > I mean select 2) automatically can be OK? > In other words, current some sound card which doesn't need > platfrom is calling snd-soc-dummy platfrom method in 1) case. > But, is it needed ? I'm not sure... > It seems snd-soc-dummy platfrom is caring about DPCM-BE case, > but, I think CPU is snd-soc-dummy in such case. > Maybe we need same cade to dummy CPU (?), but *my* DPCM system > is working correctly without it. It *should* work without it. If it actually does work is a separate question - that code is a bit fragile so there may be some problems. Since the most complicated user of DPCM is x86 I think if a change to this stuff tests out well there it should be OK.