On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 12:58:34PM +0200, Stefano Garzarella wrote: > This series tries to increase the throughput of virtio-vsock with slight > changes: > - patch 1/4: reduces the number of credit update messages sent to the > transmitter > - patch 2/4: allows the host to split packets on multiple buffers, > in this way, we can remove the packet size limit to > VIRTIO_VSOCK_DEFAULT_RX_BUF_SIZE > - patch 3/4: uses VIRTIO_VSOCK_MAX_PKT_BUF_SIZE as the max packet size > allowed > - patch 4/4: increases RX buffer size to 64 KiB (affects only host->guest) > > RFC: > - maybe patch 4 can be replaced with multiple queues with different > buffer sizes or using EWMA to adapt the buffer size to the traffic > > - as Jason suggested in a previous thread [1] I'll evaluate to use > virtio-net as transport, but I need to understand better how to > interface with it, maybe introducing sk_buff in virtio-vsock. > > Any suggestions? Great performance results, nice job! Please include efficiency numbers (bandwidth / CPU utilization) in the future. Due to the nature of these optimizations it's unlikely that efficiency has decreased, so I'm not too worried about it this time.