On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 03:28:24PM +0800, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote: > On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 3:23 PM Maxime Ripard wrote: > > > > On Sat, Apr 06, 2019 at 01:45:04AM +0200, megous@megous.com wrote: > > > From: Ondrej Jirman > > > > > > Orange Pi 3 board requires enabling DDC I2C bus via some GPIO connected > > > transistors, before it can be used. Model this as a power supply for DDC > > > (via regulator framework). > > > > > > Signed-off-by: Ondrej Jirman > > > > The DDC bus itself is usually attached to the HDMI connector, so it > > would make sense to make the supply also a property of the connector. > > I believe these are separate things. What this patch covers is power for > a voltage shifter between the SoC and HDMI DDC pins. The HDMI connector's > 5V supply to power the remote DDC chip is something else. And on the > Orange Pi 3 they are indeed separate supplies. Then maybe the endpoint link between the two would be the best place to put this? Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Bootlin Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering https://bootlin.com