On 2019.04.25 17:23:44 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote: > Quoting Chris Wilson (2019-04-25 06:42:02) > > Our eventual goal is to rid request construction of struct_mutex, with > > the short term step of lifting the struct_mutex requirements into the > > higher levels (i.e. the caller must ensure that the context is already > > pinned into the GTT). In this patch, we pin GVT's shadow context upon > > allocation and so keep them pinned into the GGTT for as long as the > > virtual machine is alive, and so we can use the simpler request > > construction path safe in the knowledge that the hard work is already > > done. > > > > Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson > > Cc: Zhenyu Wang > > Hi Zhenyu, could you check through this patch and make sure I haven't > broken gvt in the process? > > The end result is that the gvt shadow context is always pinned into the > ggtt, avoids any eviction/shrinking, and so allows gvt to use the faster > paths for request allocation. yeah, the change looks sane to me. I still like to run some regression test on this before merging, will reply result to you. -- Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd. $gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827