On Thu, May 02, 2019 at 01:30:48PM +0200, Jorge Ramirez wrote: > On 5/2/19 04:33, Mark Brown wrote: > > I'm not sure I follow here, sorry - I can see that the driver needs a > > custom get/set selector operation but shouldn't it be able to use the > > standard list and map operations for linear ranges? > I agree it should, but unfortunately that is not the case; when I first > posted the patch I was concerned that for a regulator to be supported by > this driver it should obey to the driver's internals (ie: comply with > all of the spmi_common_regulator_registers definitions). That's not a requirement that I'd particularly expect - it's not unusual for devices to have multiple different styles of regulators in a single chip (eg, DCDCs often have quite different register maps to LDOs). > However, since there was just a single range to support, the > modifications I had to do to support this SPMI regulator were minimal - > hence why I opted for the changes under discussion instead of writing a > new driver (which IMO it is an overkill). > what do you think? It seems a bit of a jump to add a new driver - it's just another descriptor and ops structure isn't it? Though as ever with the Qualcomm stuff this driver is pretty baroque which doesn't entirely help though I think it's just another regulator type which there's already some handling for.