On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 06:58:04PM -0400, Carlos Hernandez wrote: > On 5/15/19 4:33 PM, Dan Rue wrote: > > This has a few benefits: > > - Non-opinionated place to hold structured data Of course structure is opinion :/ > +1 > > I like the idea Me too. > > The things this leaves me wanting are: > > - raw data storage. It would be nice if raw data were stored somewhere > > permanent in some intermediary place so that later implementations > > could happen, and for data that doesn't fit into whatever structure we > > end up with. > If required, we could setup a related table w/ raw data. I believe max cell > size ~ 100MB per https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/quotas > However, another approach could be to define the structure version in the > schema. New fields can be added and left blank for old data. Versioned structures do make tooling to use the data more difficult to implement, I think Dan's idea is good especially early on when things are being tried for the first time.