Am Thu, 16 May 2019 12:39:02 +0100 schrieb Wei Liu : > I guess all I can say at this point is that I haven't done a survey on > the differences of the autotools shipped in all the distros we care > about (especially the older ones), so I would err on the safe side to > keep the in-tree configure script. Given that all distros for sure did run 'autogen.sh' in a large number of packages since years it is easy to guess that in general it just works. And if Xen decides that a certain autoconf version is is the minimum, configure.ac has a knob for that the minimal required tools version. As I said, autoools are not runtime dependencies, nor is make|flex|bison. So, please consider moving these generated files to .gitignore. Olaf