From: Hangbin Liu <liuhangbin@gmail.com>
To: Martin Kealey <martin@kurahaupo.gen.nz>
Cc: netdev@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: patch for iproute2
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 16:09:58 +0800	[thread overview]

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 01:52:36PM +1000, Martin Kealey wrote:

> Hello iproute2 maintainer.
>
> (Sorry, I don't know your name)
>
> I recently noticed a discrepancy: the internal documentation for the ip
> command says that an *RTT* value can be sufficed with "s" (second) or "ms"
> (millisecond), but in practice no suffix of any kind is accepted.
>
> I found that that commit 697ac63905cb5ca5389cd840462ee9868123b77f to
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/iproute2/iproute2.git caused this
> regression; it was over-zealous in disallowing non-digits in *all* contexts
> where a number is expected.
>
> As far as I can tell, this does not have any kernel-related impact, merely
> it affects what arguments are accepted by the "ip" command.
>
> I have a suitable patch for fixing this; what is the procedure for
> submitting it?

It's the same process with submitting patch to netdev[1]. If you are familiar
with git. Just format a patch and send it to detdev@. Be careful with the
subject prefix, Signed-off info and fixes tags.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git/tree/Documentation/networking/netdev-FAQ.rst#n257

Thanks
Hangbin