Hi Dominic, On Wed, 22 May 2019 at 13:53:07 +0100, Dominic Raferd wrote: > Thanks Arno, I think it is Debian really (rather than Ubuntu), but I > couldn't see where to ask except here. Will dig some more. For Debian you could file a bug against the ‘cryptsetup-initramfs’ package, see https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/cryptsetup and https://www.debian.org/Bugs/ . (‘Severity: wishlist’ I guess; at least your custom patch not applying anymore isn't hinting at a regression.) Also FWIW we (Debian packaging team) have native support for unlocking multiple devices at early boot stage with a single passphrase prompt, see /usr/share/doc/cryptsetup-initramfs/README.initramfs.gz and /usr/share/doc/cryptsetup-run/README.* . If that doesn't cover your workflow then please visit the above links and file a wishlist bug :-) Cheers, -- Guilhem.