Annaliese, > Thank you very much for your response. You are welcome. > I was also similarly nervous about a clock provider being outside of > drivers/clk, especially since one of the instances of that I wrote. > > When writing this, there was a certain logic to putting this inside of > clk-bcm2835.c instead. Eric may like this approach better because there > will probably be more code reuse of some of the dividers he uses in that > driver. Regardless which solution is favoured, I am going to apply this patch in a minute: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1097688/ It enables this driver for ARCH_BRCMSTB. So, the solution should work for this as well. (I don't know any of these platforms well) Regards, Wolfram