On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 11:23:54PM -0400, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote: > On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 03:29:11PM +1000, David Gibson wrote: > > spapr_populate_pci_child_dt() adds a 'name' property to the device tree > > node for PCI devices. This is never necessary for a flattened device tree, > > it is implicit in the name added when the node is constructed. In fact > > anything we do add to a 'name' property will be overwritten with something > > derived from the structural name in the guest firmware (but in fact it is > > exactly the same bytes). > > > > So, remove that. In addition, pci_get_node_name() is very simple, so fold > > it into its (also simple) sole caller spapr_create_pci_child_dt(). > > > > While we're there rename pci_find_device_name() to the shorter and more > > accurate dt_name_from_class(). > > > > Signed-off-by: David Gibson > > The threading is broken here btw. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. I did forget to add a cover letter. > I was CC'd but it's mostly PPC stuff. Yeah, this was just for reference, since it is PCI stuff for ppc. > I like how pci_XX functions that are not in pci.c are > going away :) You're welcome. > Acked-by: Michael S. Tsirkin Thanks. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson