On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 01:49:14PM +0200, David Sterba wrote: > On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 05:17:19PM +0800, kernel test robot wrote: > > Greeting, > > > > FYI, we noticed a -13.2% regression of aim7.jobs-per-min due to commit: > > That's interesting and worth an investigation. This should not happen, > the code is almost the same, moved from one function to another and the > call is direct. I'd suspect some low-level causes like cache effects or > branching, the perf-stats.i.* show some differences. > > Other stats say (slabinfo.*extent_buffer) that there was less work over > the period. The slab object counter says that the object reuse was > higher in the bad case. > > And there are many stats that show two digit difference, I'm trying to > make some sense of that, eg. if memory placement on NUMA nodes can > affect the speed of checksumming (changed by the patch) > > So I wonder how reliable the test is and if it really does the same > thing in both cases or if there's some subtle change in the patch that > we've missed. Hi, The test is unstable, we can't reproduce the issue. It's probably a false positive, sorry for the inconvenience. Best Regards, Rong Chen