We review tons and tons of mechanical patches in staging and one thing which helps is my rename_rev.pl script. I should put in in a git archive somewhere. Anyway, attached. It tries to strip away mechanical changes so that I can review interesting parts. cat patch.txt | rename_rev.pl -a # detect renames automaricall -e 's/foo\((.*?),.*)/bar($1)/ # do a perl substitution -ea 's/[\{\\}]//g' # remove every curly brace in the diff -r NULL # change "foo == NULL" to "if (!foo)" -nc # ignore changes to comments regards, dan carpenter