Hi Leon, > > 2) Reviewed-by should have a description of the review done (and the review not > > done) > > IMHO, this path of thinking will lead us to less reviews due to an extra > work and wouldn't bring an extra quality which we want. I'd argue that this extra work is needed in the same way a good patch description is needed. > Right now, everything is built on trust and it will continue to be after > we will demand to add extra sentence. It means that we don't fully trust > in Reviewed-by of one time contributors now and we won't trust in their > description of their Reviewed-by either. Per default, I do trust a new contributor to have done the review. I don't want this extra sentence as a proof of that. The "problem" with a new reviewer is that I don't know if all aspects of a patch have been reviewed or just a subset. Actually, this holds true for people I do know just the same way. If a get a Rev-by from Linus Walleij I am extremly sure the GPIO parts have been throughly checked. But I still don't know if he had time to check e.g. the locking or not. There is a huge difference if I get three plain Rev-by or three Rev-by saying "I did check but not the media parts". Thanks for your feedback. I think this clarification was important. Regards, Wolfram