Cool !! On 10:47 Wed 17 Jul , Vlastimil Babka wrote: >On 7/17/19 1:25 AM, Andrew Morton wrote: >> >> Most of the rest of MM and just about all of the rest of everything >> else. > >Hi, > >as I've mentioned at LSF/MM [1], I think it would be nice if mm pull >requests had summaries similar to other subsystems. I see they are now >more structured (thanks!), but they are now probably hitting the limit >of what scripting can do to produce a high-level summary for human >readers (unless patch authors themselves provide a blurb that can be >extracted later?). > >So I've tried now to provide an example what I had in mind, below. Maybe >it's too concise - if there were "larger" features in this pull request, >they would probably benefit from more details. I'm CCing the known (to >me) consumers of these mails to judge :) Note I've only covered mm, and >core stuff that I think will be interesting to wide audience (change in >LIST_POISON2 value? I'm sure as hell glad to know about that one :) > >Feel free to include this in the merge commit, if you find it useful. > >Thanks, >Vlastimil > >[1] https://lwn.net/Articles/787705/ > >----- > >- z3fold fixes and enhancements by Henry Burns and Vitaly Wool >- more accurate reclaimed slab caches calculations by Yafang Shao >- fix MAP_UNINITIALIZED UAPI symbol to not depend on config, by >Christoph Hellwig >- !CONFIG_MMU fixes by Christoph Hellwig >- new novmcoredd parameter to omit device dumps from vmcore, by Kairui Song >- new test_meminit module for testing heap and pagealloc initialization, >by Alexander Potapenko >- ioremap improvements for huge mappings, by Anshuman Khandual >- generalize kprobe page fault handling, by Anshuman Khandual >- device-dax hotplug fixes and improvements, by Pavel Tatashin >- enable synchronous DAX fault on powerpc, by Aneesh Kumar K.V >- add pte_devmap() support for arm64, by Robin Murphy >- unify locked_vm accounting with a helper, by Daniel Jordan >- several misc fixes > >core/lib >- new typeof_member() macro including some users, by Alexey Dobriyan >- make BIT() and GENMASK() available in asm, by Masahiro Yamada >- changed LIST_POISON2 on x86_64 to 0xdead000000000122 for better code >generation, by Alexey Dobriyan >- rbtree code size optimizations, by Michel Lespinasse >- convert struct pid count to refcount_t, by Joel Fernandes > >get_maintainer.pl >- add --no-moderated switch to skip moderated ML's, by Joe Perches > >