Hi again, after feedback that I'm mostly on my own here because this is not remotely testable I invested quite some time into figuring out what is what and was able to make some progress. Still I am at a point where help would be very much appreciated as I am not sure how to proceed further. Basically its almost working now, I managed to "connect" 5 speakers, but I can't find the LFE. I tried various combinations in hdajackretask and hda-analyzer, but was not able to get any sound out of it. My current layout is as follows: Pin 0x15 Front Left / Front Right Pin 0x18 Center (left channel audible) Pin 0x1b Rear Left / Rear Right, Headphones I am not listing the mic/line pins here, just focusing on the speakers. Still need to do some fiddling for 0x1b to make sure the rear speakers get muted when I plug in the headphones, but that's also something for later. Could someone hint me how to proceed in "finding the LFE"? Where should I be digging? I did also have a look at parser hints documentation and tried some, but this was more a random attempt and did not really help me. I am attaching my current alsa-info along with the retask configuration that is currently applied. Kind regards, Jin On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 09:24:30PM +0200, Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan wrote: > Hi, > > I am not sure if this is the right place to ask or if I should just > submit a bugreport, but you guys helped me out with a similar problem about > 10 years ago, so I'll try here first. If I'm wrong here, then I apologize, > just let me know. > > I have an Acer Aspire Ethos 8951G notebook which has 6 built in speakers for > 5.1 surround sound, it's a Realtek ALC669X. > > The problem is that only two speakers are recognized by default. > > I tried fiddling around with hdajackretast and it does make a difference, but > I somehow could not find a step-by-step approach on how to figure out what is > what and how to map everything correctly, so some guidance would be very much > appreciated. I even ended up in situations where I got channels supporting > only mute which would influence muting of other channels, I really got lost > there.. > > > Here's my alsa-info output: > http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=3adde87164f5fc349c3c78b211ee63e416ebf10b > > It would be great if we could figure it out and make it work by default. > > Basically that's what we did 10 years ago, back then I had an Acer Aspire > 8920G with a ALC889 which had the same problem that got fixed by you and these > days it just works out of the box :) > > Kind regards, > Jin > > _______________________________________________ > Alsa-devel mailing list > Alsa-devel@alsa-project.org > https://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel