On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 09:32:13AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote: > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 6:26 AM Cyril Hrubis wrote: > > > > This looks like mkfs.vfat got EBUSY after the loop device was > > succesfully umounted. > > Hmm. Smells like the RCU-delaying got triggered again. > > We have that "synchronize_rcu_expedited()" in namespace_unlock(), > which is so that everything should be done by the time we return to > user space. > > Al, maybe that RCU synchronization should be after the mntput()s? There are several interesting issues in there, but synchronize_rcu() should be between zeroing ->mnt_ns and dropping the final refs. I'm digging through that crap right now; at least one bug is dealt with by #fixes, but there's more, unfortunately.