On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 10:48:38AM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote: > On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 3:41 PM Mark Brown wrote: > > Today's -next fails to boot on QDF2400 systems: > Is this a devicetree or ACPI system? Which devicetree in that case? > If it is ACPI I assume one had to look into DSDTs? You can see from the linked logs it's an ACPI system, the ACPI code announces it during boot. > Aha. I think this only worked out of chance before. > What the Qualcomm driver does is exploit that .init_valid_mask() gets called > even if .need_valid_mask in gpio_chip is not set to true, > and this is why the bug appears in > msm_gpio_init_valid_mask(), I'm pretty much sure it is the > bitmap_zero(chip->valid_mask, max_gpios); > call towards the end of the function that gets turned > into: > 08:56:36.114798 [ 4.433713] __memset+0x80/0x188 > And this causes the crash. Should init_valid_mask() be being called if need_valid_mask() is false? > Apparently this only happens on ACPI systems because I tested it > myself on a DT system. Might also depend on the particular DT the system has? > So if OF and ACPI is activated at the same time (can that happen?) Not really. There is a stub DT used to pass ACPI to the kernel.