From: Ritesh Harjani <riteshh@linux.ibm.com>
To: linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org
Cc: adilger.kernel@dilger.ca, jack@suse.cz, tytso@mit.edu,
	mbobrowski@mbobrowski.org, linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org,
	Ritesh Harjani <riteshh@linux.ibm.com>
Subject: [RFC 0/2] ext4: bmap & fiemap conversion to use iomap
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 18:36:32 +0530	[thread overview]

Hello,

These are RFC patches to get community view on converting
ext4 bmap & fiemap to iomap infrastructure. This reduces the users
of ext4_get_block API and thus a step towards getting rid of
buffer_heads from ext4. Also reduces the line of code by making
use of iomap infrastructure (ex4_iomap_begin) which is already
used for other operations.

This gets rid of special implementation of ext4_fill_fiemap_extents
& ext4_find_delayed_extent and thus only relies upon ext4_map_blocks
& iomap_fiemap (ext4_iomap_begin) for mapping. It looked more logical
thing to do, but I appreciate if anyone has any review/feedback
comments about this part.

Didn't get any regression on some basic xfstests in tests/ext4/
with mkfs option of "-b 4096". Please let me know if I should also test
any special configurations?

Patches can be cleanly applied over Linux 5.3-rc5.

Ritesh Harjani (2):
  ext4: Move ext4 bmap to use iomap infrastructure.
  ext4: Move ext4_fiemap to iomap infrastructure

 fs/ext4/inline.c  |  41 -------
 fs/ext4/inode.c   |  17 ++-

2.21.0