On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 04:35:56PM +0300, Daniel Baluta wrote: > On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 3:42 PM Mark Brown wrote: > > This patch seems to do this unconditionally. This is fine for > > configurations where the SoC is the only thing driving the bus but will > > mean that for TDM configurations where something else also drives some > > of the slots we'll end up with both devices driving simultaneously. The > > safest thing would be to set this only if TDM isn't configured. > I thought that the SAI IP is the single owner of the audio data lines, > so even in TDM > mode SAI IP (which is inside SoC) is the only one adding data on the bus. > Now, you say that there could be two devices driving some of he masked > slots right? Doing that is the major point of TDM modes. It could even be another SAI on the same bus. > I'm not sure how to really figure out that SAI is running in TDM mode. As a first approximation you could just check if set_tdm_slots() has been called, it might still be the only device but it's a good first guess.