On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 02:31:16PM +0000, Charles Keepax wrote: > On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 01:50:20PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > Yeah. IIRC when these were added a machine driver was grabbing them. I > > don't think that machine driver ever made it's way upstream though. > If you mean for the Arizona stuff, the machine driver using that > was sound/soc/samsung/tm2_wm5110.c. Sylwester upstreamed it along > with the patches. No, there was a WM8994 thing before that. > I think on wm8994 the clocks probably are only needed by the > audio part of the driver, so probably can be moved in there, > although as a disclaimer I have done a lot less with parts > of that era. However on Arizona the clocking is needed from > various parts of the driver so couldn't be moved exclusively > to the codec driver. Yes, they're only needed by the audio part of the driver.