On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 09:10:17AM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote: > On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 06:16:06AM +0200, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote: > > On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 03:26:17PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote: > > > On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 02:29:41PM +0200, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote: > > > > On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 11:41:50AM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote: > > > > > It would still be nice to get the missing bits (interrupt enabling), > > > > > or else this patch is kind of pointless, since it still doesn't allow > > > > > stubdomains to work correctly with passed through devices. > > > > > > > > Well, that part, as discussed, doesn't need to be in Xen. For example > > > > the solution deployed in current Qubes stable version is based on > > > > pciback for this purpose. > > > > > > Ack. Do you think it would make sense to submit that part to Linux > > > then? > > > > How would an interface with toolstack (when to allow enabling MSI) > > should look like? Right now I have it as extra attribute in sysfs of > > pciback and libxl writes to it. Or rather should it be in xenstore? > > I think xenstore would be more suitable for this. There are already > some flags passed to pciback there: msitranslate, power_mgmt and > permissive (see libxl_pci.c:63). Hmm, I see permissive is also set in sysfs (libxl_pci.c:pci_add_dm_done). And I think that is used by pciback, based on inspection of its source code. In fact, I don't see anything in pciback parsing opts-%d xenstore entry at all. It looks like it's only used by the toolstack to reconstruct libxl_device_pci struct from xenstore. > > Or maybe pciback should somehow detect itself if it's talking to > > stubdomain while the device is assigned to a HVM domain, or to a target > > PV domain itself? > > I think doing it in the toolstack and just passing an option to > pciback is likely easier than adding more logic to pciback. Agree. -- Best Regards, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki Invisible Things Lab A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?