On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 01:53:16PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote: > On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 11:50, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: > > Thanks for writing up this summary! The requirements and possible > > solutions are now clear. > > > > We need someone willing to set up and maintain the CI. > > > > One-off tasks: > > > > 1. Create CI runners that offer similar cross-architecture coverage to > > Peter's current setup. qemu.org has some x86, ppc, and s390 server > > resources available. I'm not sure about ARM and other architectures. > > > > 2. Write CI configuration to run Peter's "make && make check && make > > check-tcg && linux-user-test". > > > > 3. Document the CI on wiki.qemu.org. > > > > Ongoing responsibilities: > > > > 1. Triage failures that the qemu.git maintainer thinks are related to CI > > runners. > > > > 2. Keep the CI up-to-date and runners online. > > > > Any volunteers? > > I see this call for volunteers didn't attract any offers :-/ > > Thread consensus seems to be toward using gitlab CI -- assuming > we can hand-build the gitlab runner for the architectures > we need without having to block on gitlab fixing their weird > "build for all architectures at once" packaging ? Let's tackle the issue of CI at KVM Forum. The main issue is to get people. I will talk to colleagues beforehand to see if anyone is available for this role. Stefan