Hello again, I've tested this patch on BIOS x86 (on a vm) and x86_64 EFI. Surely it does extra work, plenty of checks and string allocations are not needed at all, because it skips only calls that write files into grubdir or platdir (not macppcdir nor efidir). What do you think? Refactoring the main method may help clarify the flow (checks for the actual hardware/partition configuration -> write files into grub's directory for boot, including early-boot related files -> platform dependant installation), but I'd like to hear some comments on the minimal change before moving code around. Happy hacking! Miguel