* Talk publication - Leveraging KVM as a Debugging Platform
@ 2019-10-30 17:53 Mathieu Tarral
From: Mathieu Tarral @ 2019-10-30 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm; +Cc: konrad.wilk, Tamas K Lengyel, patrick.colp, mdontu

Hi,

I wanted to publish a talk that I did last week at hack.lu 2019 conference in Luxembourg.

The talk was about showing the new introspection capabilities of KVM, still in development,
and plugging a "smart" GDB stub on top that would understand the guest execution context.

There are 2 demos:
1. I demonstrate the integration in LibVMI (intercepting CR3, memory events and MSR)
2. I demonstrate debugging Microsoft Paint inside a Windows 10 VM, setting a breakpoint
   on NtWriteFile in the kernel, and avoid other processes's hits.

Abstract:
https://cfp.hack.lu/hacklu19/talk/MLPXAF/

Slides:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nFoCM62BWKSz2TKhNkrOjVwD8gP51VGK/view

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-wDpvItPUU

Project:
https://github.com/Wenzel/pyvmidbg

I thought it might be interesting to share it with the KVM community.

Thanks.

* Re: Talk publication - Leveraging KVM as a Debugging Platform
@ 2019-11-06 21:59 ` Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk @ 2019-11-06 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Tarral; +Cc: kvm, Tamas K Lengyel, patrick.colp, mdontu

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 05:53:31PM +0000, Mathieu Tarral wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to publish a talk that I did last week at hack.lu 2019 conference in Luxembourg.

That is neat! Thank you for sharing it!