On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 09:56:51AM -0500, Jason Dillaman wrote: > On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 9:11 AM Florian Florensa wrote: > > > > Hello Stefano and Jason, > > > > First of all thanks for the quick reply, > > Response inline belowe > > > Hi Florian, > > > > > > I think we need to add (Since: 5.0). > > > > Are you implying by that (Since: 5.0) that we need to specify its > > availability target is qemu 5.0 ? > > FWIW, I took this as just a comment to add some documentation that the > field is only valid starting w/ qemu v5. > Works for me, will add this in v2. > > I guess that maybe a version check would be better ? Like try to do > > namespaces stuff only if we have a recent enough librbd in the system ? > > Using something like : > > > > int rbd_major; > > > > rbd_version(&rbd_major, NULL, NULL); > > /* > > * Target only nautilus+ librbd for namespace support > > */ > > if (rbd_major >= 14) // tar > > > > Unfortunately, those versions weren't updated in the Mimic nor > Nautilus release so it would still return 1/12 (whoops). I think that > means you would need to add a probe in "configure" to test for librbd > namespace support (e.g. test for the existence of the `rbd_list2` > function or the `rbd_linked_image_spec_t` structure). I'll fix this > before the forthcoming Octopus release. Will see to do this, I originally wanted to do this at runtime so a Qemu built against an older librbd would work if the library was updated. Else some dlopen + dlsym trickery would work by checking for the existence of rbd_list2 in librbd.so, but I guess this might be a bad idea, as it would add code that would be useless in sometime > > > > The patch LGTM, but I'd like to use 'namespace' instead of cryptic > > > 'nspace'. (as BlockdevOptionsNVMe did) > > > What do you think? > > > > > Yes no worries, I can rename it to 'rbd_namespace' to avoid any possible > > confusion, is this Ok for you ? > > We use "pool_namespace" in the rbd CLI if you are trying to avoid the > word "namespace". > Yes I wanted to avoid namespace because it looks like the qapi generated code changes the name to something like q_namespace, will use pool_namespace in the v2. > > > With those fixed: > > > > > > Reviewed-by: Stefano Garzarella > > > > > > Thanks, > > > Stefano > > > > Regards, > > Florian > > -- > Jason > Regards, Florian