On 2020-01-13 at 20:28:23, Jonathan Tan wrote: > Commit 6462d5eb9a ("fetch: remove fetch_if_missing=0", 2019-11-08) > contains a test that relies on having to lazily fetch the delta base of > a blob, but assumes that the tree being fetched (as part of the test) is > sent as a non-delta object. This assumption may not hold in the future; > for example, a change in the length of the object hash might result in > the tree being sent as a delta instead. > > Make the test more robust by relying on having to lazily fetch the delta > base of the tree instead, and by making no assumptions on whether the > blobs are sent as delta or non-delta. > > Signed-off-by: Jonathan Tan > --- > Thanks, brian, for bringing this to my attention. I think that the > change in the length of the object hash made the tree a delta and thus > require a lazy-fetch of its delta base. Can you see if this patch > eliminates the need for your t5616 patch? > > In any case, this change passes at master and I think should go in > independent of brian's changes - if the delta base algorithm changes for > whatever reason, this is still needed to make the test more robust. Yup, this does indeed fix the problem. Reverting my patch and applying this one makes the test pass, so I'll drop my patch in the reroll. Thanks for the quick fix. -- brian m. carlson: Houston, Texas, US OpenPGP: https://keybase.io/bk2204