On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 07:27:48PM +1000, David Gibson wrote: > On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 12:13:43PM -0300, Fabiano Rosas wrote: > > For single stepping (via KVM) of a guest vcpu to work, KVM needs not > > only to support the SET_GUEST_DEBUG ioctl but to also recognize the > > KVM_GUESTDBG_SINGLESTEP bit in the control field of the > > kvm_guest_debug struct. > > > > This patch adds support for querying the single step capability so > > that QEMU can decide what to do for the platforms that do not have > > such support. > > > > This will allow architecture-specific implementations of a fallback > > mechanism for single stepping in cases where KVM does not support it. > > > > Signed-off-by: Fabiano Rosas > > Reviewed-by: David Gibson > > and ppc parts > > Acked-by: David Gibson Btw, I'm happy to take this through my tree, but I'd appreciate an ack from Paolo before touching kvm-all.c and exec.c. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson