From: Omar Sandoval <osandov@osandov.com>
To: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Cc: Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org>,
	Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>,
	linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org, Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>,
	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>,
	adilger.kernel@dilger.ca,
	"Darrick J. Wong" <darrick.wong@oracle.com>,
	Chris Mason <clm@fb.com>,
	josef@toxicpanda.com, dsterba@suse.com,
	linux-ext4 <linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org>,
	xfs <linux-xfs@vger.kernel.org>,
	linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Making linkat() able to overwrite the target
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 08:22:01 -0800	[thread overview]

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 11:42:55AM +0000, David Howells wrote:
> Hi Omar,
>
> Do you still have your AT_REPLACE patches?  You said that you'd post a v4
> series, though I don't see it.  I could make use of such a feature in
> cachefiles inside the kernel.  For my original question, see:
>
> 	https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git/log/?h=fscache-iter
>
> And do you have ext4 support for it?

Hi,

Yes I still have those patches lying around and I'd be happy to dust
them off and resend them. I don't have ext4 support. I'd be willing to
take a stab at ext4 once Al is happy with the VFS part unless someone
more familiar with ext4 wants to contribute that support.

Thanks for reviving interesting in this!