On 2020-01-17 at 09:51:42, Johannes Schindelin wrote: > > This series looks great to me, and thanks for fixing this. > > > > As mentioned in the PR, I'm happy for you to drop the SHA-256 patch into > > this series if you like, or I can carry it in a future series. Either > > way is fine with me. > > Excellent. Given that the re-fix to avoid short commit ID collisions has > little to do with supporting SHA-256, I would like to keep the patch > series separate, then. > > The question whether to move the SHA-256 support patch into your series is > more a question to Junio, i.e. which patch series will be merged down > faster. I need to do a reroll of part 8, so I'll pick it into a future series (part 9) of test fixes and drop my patch. That way it won't interfere with either series making progress, but it will still be included at the end. -- brian m. carlson: Houston, Texas, US OpenPGP: https://keybase.io/bk2204