On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 01:50:44PM +0100, Simon Goldschmidt wrote: > So please correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it seems like if this driver won't > work on altera, and after merging it the currently working driver will be > removed, altera will be broken. I'm not seeing anything in the driver that removes whatever the current support is? Unless it's just adding a duplicate driver for the same compatible strings which is obviously a bad idea but at least means that unless people enable the driver there's no risk of it colliding with the existing one.