On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 09:28:06PM +0100, Ulrich Hecht wrote: > Hi! > > This series adds the option for declaring clocks as "ignore-unused", i.e. > clocks that will not be turned on if not used, but also not turned off if > unused. It also enables this option for the RWDT clocks in (almost) all > SoCs. > > The point of this is to allow a WDT that has been enabled by the bootloader > to survive these events: > > - deferred probing of the WDT device, which can lead the clock driver > to disable the WDT clock until the WDT is re-probed, giving it a > blind spot > - probe failure in the WDT driver I like the approach in general. Seems to solve both issues nicely. Minor comments for patch 1 follow. I also agree with Geert about the squashing of patches, yet in general, I look forward if this could be added.